We Take Health & Safety Seriously
At Styne we are acutely aware of the importance of health and safety. It’s an integral part of everything we do, from our in-house manufacturing processes to external installations and deliveries. We ensure that all our staff are thoroughly trained in health and safety policy and procedures. In addition, we only work with partners and suppliers who can demonstrate that they too are committed to robust health and safety standards.
- We have NEBOSH qualified staff and are members of the Construction Skills Certification CSCS scheme.
- We can offer full risk assessments, method statements and site surveys.
- We have specialist staff, fully trained in the use of mobile elevated work platforms (MEWPs) and safety harnesses.
- We have highly trained operatives for both machinery and plant.
- Many of our employees receive regular training in first-aid and fire safety.
- We are Safe Contractor accredited.
Safe Contractor Accredited
Alcumus SafeContractor is a third party accreditation scheme that assesses the health and safety arrangements, policies and qualifications of contractors. Many major clients recognise the scheme and accept the SafeContractor certificate as confirmation of competency in health and safety practice.
Under the SafeContractor scheme, businesses undergo a vetting process which examines health and safety procedures and their track record for safe practice. Those companies meeting the high standard are included on a database, which is accessible to registered users only via a website.
Client organisations who sign up to the scheme can access the database, enabling them to vet potential contractors before they even set foot on site. These clients agree that, as users of the scheme, they will engage only those who have received accreditation.
Over 300 major, nation-wide businesses, from several key sectors, have signed up to use the scheme when selecting contractors for services such as building, cleaning, maintenance, refurbishment or electrical and mechanical work.